Friday, May 9, 2008


Solitude



Tempt me not to load my boat with debt
but give me leave to go away empty-handed
lest the price of love that you recklessly pay
should only reveal the poorness of my heart!

I can but litter your life with shreds of my pain
and keep you awake at night with the moon of my lonely dreams
It is better that i remain speechless
and help you to forget me.

While walking on my solitary way,
i met you at the dusk of night fall
I was about to ask you to take my hand
when i gazed at your face and was afraid
for i saw there the glow of fire that lay asleep
in the deep of your hearts' dark silence.
If in my frenzy i waken it up into flames
it will shed a glimmer on the brink of my emptiness

I know what sacrifice is mine
to offer to your loves' sacred fire.

I bend my head and trudge onto my barren end
provisioned with the remembrance of our meeting.

   - Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore



No comments: